I went to go take my graduation picture today. It's finally happening! I'm going to be a graduating senior in about two months! GO TRITONS :] I don't know whether I'm excited as the exclamation marks show, but it's just so surreal. I'm sure every senior feel this way, but college sure does fly by quickly!
I come from a first generation family, meaning that both my parents weren't able to go to college. My dad was definitely smart enough but had to give up that dream to enter into the work force after marrying early. My mom always reminds me how lucky I am to be included in the 2% of the world population to be attending a college. My grandmother passed away when my mom was only in middle school, therefore she had to take care of the family & give up her college dreams early on. My mom & dad are both so hard working and I know I should be extremely thankful to have been born as their daughter :] It's surreal that the college chapter in my life is coming to an end and it's time for a new chapter! I'm not as anxious as I used to be in the beginning of the school year. Is this what contentment feels like? Like every chapter, it will be filled with trials & challenges, but how you come about dealing with it will reflect where your relationship with the Lord is. I'm reading a book called, "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow, and it's such a good reminder to be in practice being content in our lives, no matter the circumstances. We need to choose to give our anxieties to God, choose to pray specifically, choose to be thankful, and choose to dwell on the positive.