I started my first day at the ER. It was super cool! Okay, seeing patients that were sick wasn't cool, but it was cool how I experienced the intensity on my first day. Because I only got my training last Thursday, I wasn't too familiar yet where all the supplies were & whether or not I could interact with the patients. From the hours I was there, I learned so much; from making the beds, making sure to scrub down every surface with wipes, being available for any doctors or nurses, interacting with the patients, making lab runs every 20 minutes, & most importantly, showing compassion to the patients. As dumb as this is going to sound, I realized that accidents & death happens every single moment, every single day. Observing patients who couldn't take care of themselves & who were in so much pain broke my heart. Thank you God for my health & a family who is healthy. Every patient needs a kind nurse & seriously, I think there's a nurse shortage from all the patients that came into the ER this morning. At least it wont be hard looking for a job after I graduate from nursing school :)
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9
---
Yay, no school tomorrow! Thank you veterans :)
Time to catch up on my studying.
---
Update:
I laughed & cringed when I saw this video. But I must admit, this video isn't as bad compared to the other ones. Dang, we look so young & fresh! Roomie love <3
Disclaimer: Please still be my friend after viewing.
