Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make your paths straight."
James 4:14 "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."

"Trust in God." In all honesty, that phrase sounded so cliche whenever I heard it. It's just as hard for me right now to understand and apply it, but I know that I'm not in control of my life. God is my provider and nothing else. No matter how much I want to plan out the nitty-gritty details of my future, that's my own selfishness speaking. It's only second week and already my heart is filled with the thoughts of transitioning after graduating. I know what I want to be - but getting to where I want to be will be perplexing process. I hate thinking about my "what-if's"...What if I knew that I wanted to be a nurse right after graduating high school? Then I would've applied to a school with a undergraduate nursing program. Then I wouldn't be worrying right now about applying for nursing schools. What if I was a biology major. Then I wouldn't have had to take extra prerequisite courses after graduating UCSD and just apply for Fall 2010. Yea, I really shouldn't think about my "what-ifs." I'm going to stop - it's not healthy to dwell on it. There's no point in regretting because ultimately, no matter how much my mom says I wasted my time at San Diego and how I should have transfered to another school with a nursing program, I felt convicted to stay - part because of the laziness of not wanting to deal with the whole transferring process but also because of the memories I built. I know I have to deal with the consequences of my future being unclear after leaving San Diego, but I have God to lean on and lift up my life for the glory of His Kingdom.