Friday, October 23, 2009

invincible?

I always bragged to myself on how my immune system usually never fails me...but sadly, it failed me a little too early this season. I woke up with a sore throat on Monday, then it quickly accumulated into a runny nose, cough, headache, body ache, & fever. I don't know how I did it, but even with a hospital orientation, interview, quiz, test, & midterm, all within a span of three days, I managed to stay alive and fight off my cold. Thank you God & orange juice :) For the past week, my roommates witnessed my pitiful state as I either laid under my blanket reading my lecture notes, or with two tissues stuck in my nose while studying in the living room. No midterms & speeches until next week though! Yay.

I'm finally going to experience being a "Nurse Jackie"! Okay, maybe not a official nurse-nurse, but luckily I got a position in the ER at Scripps Hospital :) I'm super excited. The interviewer told me that it was going to be intense because I'll be seeing a lot of trauma patients who will be needing immediate care. I hope I'll be useful to the doctors, nurses, & patients :)

Danny, Diane, & Stella came down to San Diego yesterday. It was good seeing them in a new environment outside of church! Well, I already saw Danny last week when he came down for CCM, but it feels nice seeing Living Hopers at San Diego. I feel so far from everyone during the week. Haha, seriously I really wish I had the super power to bring San Diego closer to home. But then again, maybe that's what makes it more special when we see each other after a long week. Anyways, I had my first experience at Crab Hut when we all had dinner together (including Paul & Grace) yesterday. Oh man, it was so good :) Shrimp & Crab. YUM! Seafood never fails me. My fingers reeker of garlic, butter, & Old Bay (it still reeks right now), but it was all worth it. Thank you Danny for the food! And thank you for your sermon on "Patience."

Me & Kristina's afternoon photo shoot. I don't know if she'll ever read this but seriously, I have a pretty awesome "roomie in the other room" :) Surprisingly, this girl has so much aegyo (random-acts-of-cuteness) that she only reveals at home. Sometimes I get grossed out (in a good way I guess). Haha, at least I get a good laugh out of it. I'm thankful for her faithfulness to God (you're going to be awesome community group leader!), her constant smile, and her constant encouragement. Someday I'll prove to you, Brian, & Eric that I could do go into the ocean up to my legs!

To sum up my week, I had a pretty crazy ending. So I went to get my TB test read today & the nurse informed me that I tested positive for TB. What the heck?! I was fine when I took the test a year and a half ago. That means I got exposed to someone with TB. Dang you whoever you are. The nurse then directed me to take my X-Ray so off I went being half-scared, half-amused. It was my first time taking an X-Ray! Oh gosh, I had a pretty bad cough for over a month not too long ago but I was stupid enough not to check that out. Hopefully my results will come out good!

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance." 2 Thessalonians 3:5